We won’t lie, one of our very favorite fall traditions is the ever-popular Pumpkin Spice Latte. Although you can drive to your nearest Starbucks and pick up a venti PSL in a jiffy, we recommend trying your hand at creating your very own latte in the comfort of your home. We were so impressed by how these homemade lattes turned out that they might have us ditching Starbucks’ PSLs for good! Disclaimer: this recipe makes enough Pumpkin Spice syrup to fill multiple cups, so call up your girlfriends and toast to the best time of the year with a steaming Pumpkin Spice Latte!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 cup black coffee (or 1-2 shots espresso)
- 1/3 cup hot milk
- whipped cream
1. Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan on medium heat.
2. When the sugar has dissolved, add pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice.
3. Let mixture boil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently so that it does not burn.
4. Remove from heat and let syrup cool completely.
5. In a medium-large mug, add 2 tbsp pumpkin spice syrup followed by coffee or espresso.
6. Slowly mix in the hot milk.
7. Garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon and enjoy!
As you’ve probably noticed, the aroma from the Pumpkin Spice syrup is enough to keep you coming back for more! We hope you enjoy your homemade PSL as much as we did! Let us know your favorite fall recipes in the comments so that we can feature them on the Morning Lavender blog!